Among the lessons learned at SXSW on Sunday:
- secrets for accessibility buy-in http://uiaccess.com/accessucd/incite.html
- blind users love iPhone/iPad ease of use, same device as other users
- wheelchair “lifts” don’t work to get a speaker on stage at the Austin Convention Center
- Glenda Watson-Hyatt rocks a room of techies with great info and interactive demos. http://www.doitmyselfblog.com/
- Accessibility is still scary for many people
- The future of nonprofit operation is predicted to be much more entrepreneurial http://www.thefutureofnonprofits.com/
- 29% general public agree that Internet “significantly improved their lives.” 47% of people with disabilities do.
- HTML5 process: democratic and therefore messy! http://plancast.com/p/45cd/politics-behind-html5-sxsw
- Beacon Lounge has tremendous resources and a friendly staff (coffee, too!) http://sxsw.com/node/4245
Looking forward to learning more today.