Knowbility has welcomed volunteers in key roles in our work for more than 20 years.
Knowbility volunteers fill a variety of leadership and support roles, from serving on advisory boards and providing expert advice to helping with simple online research or supporting staff at onsite events. We could not do our work without volunteers! It strengthens our community and keeps our perspective open and diverse - thanks for thinking of helping Knowbility pursue our mission of tech equity for all! Here's how:
Current Volunteer Needs
- Volunteer at John Slatin AccessU 2022! Volunteering for AccessU is a great way to meet new people, give back to the global accessibility community, and get access to world class accessibility instruction. We are looking for both in-person and virtual volunteers for a variety of roles. Find out more and sign up on the Volunteer page of the Knowbility website.
- Transcription Editor: We have a catalog of videos that require transcription/caption clean-up before we are able to post them to our YouTube channel.
- AccessWorks Recruitment: AccessWorks has several volunteer needs including recruitment, finding employment resources, and encouraging user engagement.
- Sponsor research and development (online or onsite): identify potential corporate sponsors (funders), nonprofit partners, and grant opportunities for our community programs (AIR, AccessWorks, AccessU, and the K-12 Access Toolkit).
- Translation (online): translate documents for nonprofits that participate in AIR into French, Spanish, or other languages.
- Board membership: our board members are fiscally responsible for Knowbility and provide leadership regarding fundraising, outreach to community and industry leaders and in promoting the vision for our organization.
- Research (online): various research tasks that can take about five hours to complete within a week’s time.