Manager, Accessibility and Web Support Unit
Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
Ron Lucey is the manager of the Accessibility and Web Support Unit for the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services. In this role, he establish the DARS accessibility team to provide accessibility testing, training, and consulting to the five Texas Health and Human Services agencies. His career has been in service to Texans with disabilities for more than 25 years. He is a graduate of the University of Texas with degrees in government and communications. His perspective as a person with a visual disability has helped him effectively advocate for accessibility and the rights of Texans with disabilities. Lucey's efforts include serving as a city commissioner and past chair of the Austin Mayor's Committee for People with Disabilities, providing accessibility policy recommendations to the City Council and Austin's past five mayors.
In 2005, Ron was hired as the Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services first accessibility coordinator where he assisted in developing and implementing an electronic and information resources accessibility policy for the five Texas Health and Human Services agencies. In 2008, he was promoted to manage the DARS Policy Technical Assistance unit and develop the DARS Accessibility Team.
- How We Use the Web (John Slatin AccessU 2011)
- Lunch (Technology Demonstration: How We Use the Web) (John Slatin AccessU 2012)
- Contracting and Procurement for Enterprise and Government (John Slatin AccessU 2013)
- Contracting & Procurement for Enterprise and Government (John Slatin AccessU 2014)
- Contracting and Procurement for Enterprise and Government (John Slatin AccessU 2015)