Glenda Sims is senior accessibility consultant at Deque sharing her expertise and passion for the open web with government, education and companies that range from small business to Fortune 500.
Glenda is an advisor and co-founder of AIR-University (Accessibility Internet Rally) and AccessU. She serves as an accessibility consultant, judge and trainer for Knowbility, whose mission is to support the independence of children and adults with disabilities by promoting the use and improving the availability of accessibility information technology — barrier free IT.
She spent over a decade as a Web Analyst at the University of Texas at Austin. As a member of Team Web, Glenda helped support the central web site for the University. She was an accessibility expert and web standards evangelist at UT along with her mentor and hero Dr. John Slatin.
She recently co-authored the book InterACT with Web Standards: A holistic approach to Web Design. She gives back to the web by volunteering on the Web Standards InterAct Project and the W3C Open Web Education Alliance.
- Accessibility: What Not to Do (John Slatin AccessU 2011)
- DreamWeaver Accessibility (John Slatin AccessU 2011)
- Practical Accessibility Testing (John Slatin AccessU 2011)
- DreamWeaver Accessibility (John Slatin AccessU 2012)
- Practical Accessibility Testing (John Slatin AccessU 2012)
- Writing in Plain Language (John Slatin AccessU 2012)
- Accessibility is Broken: A Game Changing Perspective (John Slatin AccessU 2013)
- Dreamweaver Accessibility (John Slatin AccessU 2013)