Be an Accessibility HERO – REGISTER for the OpenAIR Contest
What is OpenAIR?
The Accessibility Internet Rally is an international, community hackathon with a unique twist – accessibility! OpenAIR increases awareness of the tools and techniques that make the Internet accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. OpenAIR enhances YOUR accessible design skills and then puts them to work creating professionally designed, accessible websites for non-profits around the world.
The OpenAIR competition creates a digital playground for web professionals. Where else can you learn advanced skills, participate in creative challenges, and make the world a better place all at the same time? This year, we've added unique game elements, leaderboards, and fabulous prizes! Teams will also make valuable connections to experts in the accessibility field who will act as their mentors during the competition. OpenAIR Registration opens in August and wraps up with an awards ceremony in February.
What does it take to participate in OpenAIR and become an accessibility superhero? Don't worry, there's no cape required. Tights optional.
- Skilled in web production: Designers, developers, QA testers, we're looking at you!
- Passionate about making a difference: Help non-profits, create inclusive content, empower everyone to access the web.
- Eager to learn: You'll receive amazing training and support: prepare to be challenged!
- Ready to level up: You don't mind getting a little glory for your skills and your team.
If this describes you or your team, don't miss out! There are limited spots, and the competition is just about to start. This year's OpenAIR kicks off in Austin, TX on November 6th, streamed live across the world.
The first 10 teams that sign up receive a custom game avatar for the competition.
- OpenAIR Registration begins: August 5th
- OpenAIR Registration closes: Monday, November 3rd, 2014
- Kick-off: Thursday, November 6th, 2014
- Rally pit-stop party: Thursday, December 4th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Rally ends: Monday, December 15th at 5:00 p.m.
- Judges have finished: Friday, January 30th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony and Announcement of the winners: Wednesday, February 11th, 2015
Want to become a sponsor? View OpenAIR Sponsor Opportunities.