The 17th Annual OpenAIR competion is underway!
What is OpenAIR?
The Accessibility Internet Rally is an international, community hackathon with a unique twist – accessibility! OpenAIR increases awareness of the tools and techniques that make the Internet accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. OpenAIR enhances YOUR accessible design skills and then puts them to work creating professionally designed, accessible websites for non-profits around the world.
The OpenAIR competition creates a digital playground for web professionals. Where else can you learn advanced skills, participate in creative challenges, and make the world a better place all at the same time? This year, we've added unique game elements, leaderboards, and fabulous prizes! Teams will also make valuable connections to experts in the accessibility field who will act as their mentors during the competition.
What does it take to participate in OpenAIR and become an accessibility superhero? Don't worry, there's no cape required. Tights optional.
- Skilled in web production: Designers, developers, QA testers, we're looking at you!
- Passionate about making a difference: Help non-profits, create inclusive content, empower everyone to access the web.
- Eager to learn: You'll receive amazing training and support: prepare to be challenged!
- Ready to level up: You don't mind getting a little glory for your skills and your team.
Registration is closed for 2014 but you can get on the waiting list for 2015 by emailing Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org
Teams, looking for Heroes Game? Go to air-rallies.org
- Rally pit-stop party/Judges Happy Hour: Thursday, December 4th, 2015 at 6:30 p.m., 1033 La Posada, Ste. 372, Austin, TX 78752.
- Rally ends: Monday, December 15th at 5:00 p.m.
- Judges have finished: Friday, January 30th, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Awards Ceremony and Announcement of the winners: Wednesday, February 11th, 2015, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Google, Austin, Texas
Want to become a sponsor? View OpenAIR Sponsor Opportunities.